OUR SERVICES / EXISTING BUILDINGS
MEP/FP: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection
HLZAE offers full-service engineering design and consulting in addition to our architectural services. We specialize in the design of new, replacement, and retrofit MEP/FP systems for New York City’s existing residential, commercial, and institutional buildings.
At HLZAE, our process typically begins with a comprehensive investigation of the building system in question, which is then followed by the preparation of a detailed report outlining the Architect/Engineer’s findings along with recommendations for the respective upgrades. Once reviewed and discussed in detail with the owners and building management, HLZAE proceeds with the preparation of all-inclusive contract documents that are traditionally used to conduct a competitive bidding process with qualified contractors as well as filing with the New York City Department of Buildings to procure the required and necessary work permits.
HLZAE will typically take on the construction administration role on behalf of the owners to ensure the project is being built in accordance with the plans, specifications, and all applicable local building codes and industry standards.
- Heating Plant Upgrades
- Chiller Plant Upgrades
- Cooling Tower & Condenser Water System Upgrades
- Packaged & Terminal HVAC Unit Design
- Cogeneration Plant Design (Combined Heat & Power)
- Physical Condition Assessments of Existing Building MEP/S Systems
- Domestic Hot & Cold-Water Piping, Pumping & Distribution System Upgrades
- Electrical Service, Switchgear and Distribution System Design & Upgrades
- Energy Audits & Retro-Commissioning (NYC Local Law 87)
- Sprinkler, Standpipe & Fire Pump System Design
- Fire Alarm System Design
- Emergency Back-up Generator Design
- Gas Piping Distribution Inspections (Local Law 152)
- Sanitary & Storm Piping Drainage System Design