PORTFOLIO / RESIDENTIAL
Mansions & Clubs
The Colony Club is a 7-story, private social club for women, located on Park Avenue within the Upper East Side Historic District. The building, constructed in 1916, was designed by Delano & Aldridge in the Georgian-Revival style with facades of brick masonry and white marble. This project consists of an ongoing multi-year, phased restoration of the building envelope including restoration and replacement of original design details. HLZAE’s recent work has included re-skinning of the rear façade with new white brick masonry to match the historic brick, alteration of roof parapet walls for code compliance, and restoration of original marble columns, pilasters, window pediments and balconies on the street facades. Our team worked closely with Club management to complete projects on schedule and within the prescribed budgetary parameters.