Local Law 152: Periodic Inspections of Gas Piping Systems
September 27, 2021
Local Law 152 was created to protect occupants and the public from gas leaks and explosions.
- Visual Inspection by DOB Registered Licensed Master Plumber
- Date ranges for inspections in table below
- HLZAE Provides pre-inspection services to identify any issues that may cause failure of certification
- Filing of inspection certification by Master Plumber
- Repairs must be made within 120 or 180 days based on request made by Master Plumber
- Failure to certify inspection within timeframes allotted will result in $10,000 fine
Beginning January 1, 2020, gas piping systems in all buildings, except for one- and two-family homes, and other buildings classified in occupancy group R-3, must be inspected by a Licensed Master Plumber, or a qualified individual working for a Licensed Master Plumber. Gas piping systems must be inspected at least once every four years according to the schedule below.
This inspection requirement applies to all buildings, except to one- and two-family homes, and other buildings classified in occupancy group R-3. If the inspection requirement does not apply to a building based on its occupancy group classification, no further action is necessary.
|Date Range for Inspection||Buildings in Community Districts|
|January 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020*||1, 3 and 10 in all boroughs|
|January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021*||2, 5, 7, 13 and 18 in all boroughs|
|January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022*||4, 6, 8, 9 and 16 in all boroughs|
|January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023*||11, 12, 14, 15, 17 in all boroughs|
* And no later than December 31 within every fourth calendar year thereafter
Failure to file a Gas Piping System Periodic Inspection Certification by the applicable due date may result in a civil penalty of $10,000.
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.