6 Harrison Street

Industry Sector:

Multi Unit Commercial

Services Provided:

- Historic Preservation
- Exterior Restoration
- Local Law 11 Repairs

Project Overview:

6 Harrison Street falls under LPC jurisdiction as part of the “Tribeca West Historic District” and Local Law 11. This building was erected in 1884 as the New York Mercantile Exchange as indicated by its granite keystone. The main façades in addition to several terracotta capitals and imposts, the cast iron spandrels, window frames, as well as the granite cornices and water tables were fully restored. The original slate roof was replaced with new slate and tied into the restored Yankee gutter system and masonry chimney. Additionally, the top twenty feet of the original clock tower and cupola were fully reconstructed due to excessive deterioration. Lastly, all existing windows were replaced with new wood windows.

From initial filing through the construction phase ending at project completion, HLZA supervised all aspects of restoration and repairs closely with the Landmarks Preservation Commission.